Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Biology Research




Ok, so for my biology research project I have two broad topics that I am interested in. The first one is the Reproductive Physiology, and the second one is Nucleic Acid (specifically, DNA). I want to combine these both topics together, but I'm not so sure how to do that. I have to do more planning. There are two professors that do research on nucleic acid, Dr. Matsumoto and Dr. Britt. On the other hand, there is only one professor doing a research on reproductive physiology, Dr. Hall. I have emailed Dr.Matsumoto, but I am still waiting for a reply. I think I have to drag myself to his office (I have to admit that I am scared of him, though I had him twice). I have emailed Dr.Hall but unfortunately, he told me that he does not have time to work in his laboratory and it'll be better if I find another mentor. I have not emailed Dr. Britt yet. I want to ask other biology major students how is Dr. Britt because I never had her for any of my classes yet.


I wanted to do my research (lab part) over the summer. I am not planning to take summer classes his summer, so I'll have so much free time. And on top of that I'll get paid for the lab research          (pretty good). I have to find a mentor who has funding for the summer. Dr.Hall has emailed me a list of professors who do have funding for the summer. Dr. Britt has summer funding, so more than likely, if anything, I'll do a research with her.

2 comments:

  1. I think that either topic sounds cool. Honestly if I wasn't a nursing major, I'd be a biology major. I read your post that you may be interesting in pursuing a career as an OBGYN. Do you know what it is about reproductive physiology that you would be most interested in researching? It seems a little broad and I think if you had an idea of what about it most interests you, then you might be able to find a way to tie it in with research on DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! DNA! CRICK! He was cool. He was one of the guys that found out about DNA. After he found out about it's double helical structure, he said, "I'm done with that, now let me study consciousness." (those aren't his actual words, I made those up). Whatever you fall into, I think it will be super sick!

    ReplyDelete