Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ty Law's Launch Indoor Trampoline Park (My Review)



 
Open court                                                                                                                           Logo

On Wednesday, me and my friend made plans to hang out since both of us have been busy since college semester has started. So we made plans to hang out but we had no idea what to do. I usually make plans because she thinks I have the best plans (which I always do!). I heard about a new trampoline park that opened up in Warwick. It is called Ty Law's Launch Indoor Trampoline Park and it is located right next to Planet Fitness.

There's only two words to describe this place: Fun! and Entertaining! (yes, both with exclamation point at the end).

I fell in love with this place. It is so much fun. I had no idea who the Ty Law was and neither did my friend (definietly not into sports). After googling his name I found out he is a NFL player (pretty impressive). The main colors for this park is black and neon green. So the inside of the place is black and neon green. There are 4 trampoline courts: Kids' Court, Open Court, Dodgeball Court, and Foam Pit Court. When you first enter the park the worker asks you if you have filled out a waiver and if not then it is no problem. There are 4 computers where you fill out a waiver. The waiver just ask for your name, dob, address, and license number. After filling it out then you are all set and head over to the register. They offer sneakers for customers to borrow. The rate depends on the amount of time you want to spend. For one hour it is $14 each, for 30 minutes it is $8. I am not sure if there is an extra charge for the sneakers because neither me or my friend used them.

After purchasing a ticket you might have to wait to actually go into a court since there are timings. My friend and I had to wait 9 minutes, which is not so bad but of course it was not as busy.  On the ticket it will say what time you can enter and till when your time is up.

In each court there are workers supervising in case of injuries. They all wear a backup. My friend asked what is the deal with the backpacks and the worker said it contains ice packs and other first aid stuff that might be necessary. There are usually one one worker per court except in the Kids' Court, which probably had about 4-5 workers playing with the kids. The Kids' Court also had fun balls for the kids to play with.

Kids' court

The Open Court is is exactly what its name implies. It's an open court for adult to jump all the want. It is a pretty average size. I haven't jumped on a trampoline since the fifth grade so I really enjoyed it. My friend and I decided to go in with our socks which made it even more fun because when we will slip every now and then.

My favorite court was the Foam Pit Court. There are two trampolines laid out side by side. You jump across the trampoline and jump into a pit fill with foam. It is really amusing. I honestly felt like a little kid in this court.

Then there is the Dodgeball Court. It is basically a game of dodgeball while you are on a trampoline. The referee is the worker that is supervising that court.

Dodgeball Court

There is also a mini aracade and a food court. I did not order any food but instead purchased a Pina Colada smoothi, which was pretty decent. I was checking out the menu and the prices are a good deal. Not expensive. One thing that I did not like was how many workers there were. They did not bother you, they just stood there. But it just felt wierd because everywhere you looked there were worker. But the workers were very nice. Mostly young men around the age of 18-22 years old. Maybe I felt this way because there were not a lot of customers there. But overall, I really liked Ty Law's Launch Indoor Trampoline Park. And I honestly felt like it worked me out. Now I do not have to work our for the next two months (joking). Maybe that is the reason this place is right next to Planet Fitness.


2 comments:

  1. Trampoline parks are so much fun! I recently went with some friends to one near my home in Utah at http://www.thejumpzonegetair.com/ it was one of the funnest things ever!!

    ReplyDelete